The NVMA Centennial Scholarship Foundation, Inc. invites you to make application for its Pre-Veterinary Scholarships.
Listed below are the requirements for eligibility, selection and allocation of funds. Deadline for application is March 15 of the application year.
Links to the online application form and recommendation form are in the right-hand column of this page (or at the bottom of your screen if you are viewing on a small mobile screen). Your application, completed forms, and all requested documents must be returned by online submission or by U.S. mail to our office addressed as follows:
SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE OF THE NEBRASKA VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
PO BOX 637
HASTINGS, NE 68902
If recommendation forms are submitted by U.S. mail, please have them included with your application in sealed envelopes with the signature of the individual completing the form across the flap. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact our office at (402) 463-4704.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY, SELECTION, ALLOCATION OF FUNDS
- Any applicant for the Pre-Veterinary Scholarships must meet the following qualifications:
- Students having completed 3 semesters of pre-veterinary education and pursuing completion of the pre-professional program.
- Graduate of a Nebraska High School or State of Nebraska approved Home School Program.
- The applying student must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
METHOD OF SELECTION:
- Completed online application form.
- Three recommendation forms from (1) a non-related faculty member or academic advisor; (2) a veterinarian for whom applicant has worked; (3) a non-related personal reference. (Share the link to the recommendation form with those you ask to recommend you).
- Copy of applicant's official transcript showing GP.
- All applications must be received by March 15th of each year.
- Selection to be made by the Scholarship Committee with consideration given to financial need, academics, and extra-curricular activities.
- Notification of scholarship winner(s) will be in April.
ALLOCATION OF FUNDS:
- Normally all scholarship grants to be given once a year.
- Each scholarship grant will be a minimum of $500.00.
- Scholarship grants will be based on available funds and the decision of the Committee.
- Checks will be made out to the Student and College attending.